Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fun to Share

I've met so many wonderful people on both my life and Kindermusik journey. Keeping in touch with people has always been difficult for me, especially since Katy was born. Enter the technology of the 21st century. I can send pictures to Grammie and Grampie via computer. I can post a video online to share with friends and family. I've recently joined Facebook and discovered that in minutes, I can share with many friends at once. ( I can even play a Scrabble game with friends who live 20 miles away!) It's amazing!

One of the things I've recently discovered is that I'm not alone in my enthusiasm to share with others. Parents want to share their children's pictures and stories with me, too. And that makes me so happy. As a teacher, I love nothing more than hearing what your kids are up to, how they are growing, what makes them happy. Being a teacher is like being a mom with a million fringe benefits.

Here is a blog link from a friend. Last week I did a Music and More program at the Wilmington Library. What a great program! About 30 children and their parents ( for a total of 60!!) attended.

http://mommyniri.blogspot.com/2008/07/sing-song-friday.html

If you want to share your stories with your friends and people who have similar interests, consider the 'blog'. ( No, not the Borg, the BLOG- little Trek inside joke there)
Blogger provides a very easy format for writing your stories and posting pictures and links. Don't think you can blog? Neither did I. Give it a try- you never know what hidden talents you posess!